Nostril flaring breathing
In this exercise, I tense and relax my nostril muscles rhythmically. The exercise activates my nostril muscles and improves my ability to balance myself.
The way I exercise ‘nostril-flaring’ breathing
- Breathing: exclusive through the nose.
- Position: I sit comfortably with a straight back, relax my tongue and jaw, and close my eyes.
- Reset my breathing.
- Inhale fully to maximum diaphragm amplitude. 2Xunits.
- Exhale, to minimum diaphragm amplitude. 4Xunits.
- Tilt my head back and flair my nostrils.
- Hold my breath until ‘air hunger start.’
- Tilt my head forward.
- Repeat for a few rounds.
Nostril muscles are just like any other muscle; not using these muscles for an extended period may lead to a limited or even loss of the ability to flair the nostrils.
I sometimes imagine that there is a flower close to my nose, and I smell a pleasant scent.
This exercise may impact nostril dominance.